Brown Bag Sessions: Introduction to Positive Psychology
Happiness Initiative’s Brown Bag Sessions are back! If you missed them last year, it's not too late to join us this time around.
Heard of positive psychology but you're not sure what it's all about and how it's different from psychology? This is the perfect session for you to get started! Join us to learn more, and chat about your thoughts on this important field of psychology and well-being.
📅 Date: 6 May 2021, Thursday
🕗 Time: 8pm - 9.30pm
❗❗ As homework before this session, watch this video on 'What is Positive Psychology': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qJvS8v0TTI
🤓 [OPTIONAL - If you'd like a further in-depth academic reading: http://bit.ly/IntrotoPosPsych]
You are strongly recommended to turn on your microphones and cameras to actively engage in discussion.
Our Brown Bag Sessions are a community-run initiative to promote greater happiness and well-being within the community. If you love to explore the science of happiness and well-being and how to benefit the community, this is it.
What Can You Take Away From This?
1. Learn more about Positive Psychology, each session focuses on a different topic introduced via a reading, video or article
2. Meet new friends to share your experiences and thoughts with
3. Have intimate discussions on your relationship with these theories and how they could apply to our own lives
Brown Bag Sessions will be held over Zoom and is a safe space to interact with others who are also interested in learning more about well-being. Everyone at this session is highly encouraged to come with an open mind and heart.
ABOUT HAPPINESS INITIATIVE
Happiness Initiative is a social enterprise that translates the science of happiness and well-being into actions people can take. Hence, helping people live a more fulfilling life and take a preventive approach towards mental health conditions.
We focus on three areas:
1. Raising awareness on the science of wellbeing
2. Translating research into practice and programmes
3. Building a community that promotes the practice of wellbeing.
Follow us on Telegram for more science about happiness.
- The event description was updated. Diff#990190 2021-04-26 07:36:10